Saturday, July 28, 2012

Watermelon Slurpies

I like to make sure there are several water sources scattered around the yard for my ducks because they get hot very easily.  Sure using regular bowls is great but they have so much more fun when I give them water in a fruit bowl. 
When they are finished with it then here comes the bees etc.  The bees really can't get enough of this and during the night a hungry little rabbit or deer might have a nibble or two.You can use any kind of melon.  Just make sure it has been cut in 1/2 to make a bowl shape.  Scoop out the fruit you want for yourself and sit the fruit bowl outside.  I like to sit it out when I know it is going to rain that way they get fresh rain water to drink.

             They slurped in this for a long time and then when they were done
                                                the bees took over.


No comments:

Post a Comment