Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whereabout Wednesday

Hey there it's Whereabout Wednesday again. Today I am going to take you out to our favorite restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky called Tandoor. Tandoor serves fine Indian cuisine. We love this place so much that every time we go to Lexington we have to stop in. It is always such a treat!

                                    
                                     Tandoor Fine Indian Cuisine
                                     3130 Mapleleaf Dr # 112 Lexington, KY 40509
                                     (859) 263-5771

Almost inside and I can smell the warm spices already.


Yes!  Breathe all that aroma in! 
 


  They recently added some big screens that play Indian music.


It is dimly lit and very comfortable.


Let's pretend to look at the menu as if we don't already know what we want :)

We chose vegetable pakoras for an appetizer.  These pakoras are veggies and spices fried to a golden brown.  When you bite into them they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.  They serve it with a spicy green sauce, onion chutney and a sweet red sauce which I still really don't know what the sauces are but they make it taste even better.

For our entree we love the coconut curry chicken dish.  Bites of chicken cooked in a warm and spicy coconut gravy.  The sauce has just a little sweetness with a hint of coconut and just enough heat to warmly, excite your taste buds.  You can choose whether you like it mild, medium or hot.  We usually choose medium.  Oh and how could I forget to mention that bread you see there.  It is called naan (pronounced non) and we always order it with garlic.  It is a very thin and semi crunchy bread that compliments the entree very well.

Next time you are in Lexington be sure to stop in.  Be warned though it is my personal opinion that Indian food tends to have a pleasurable, stimulating effect on one's senses.  You may find yourself  locked in a very passionate embrace with your lover before the night is over ;) Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. I really like Indian food when i can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my kind of place/
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so much for reading my blog :) I am thankful for your invite.

    ReplyDelete